Question
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/03/30

Clueless - a response to your last post

Thought I'd post a new message, just in case you don't go back to read the last one.

Sometimes we can't help what emotion sweeps over us. Sometimes there are triggers which we aren't always totally aware of, but we find our emotions swaying all over the place. Therapy can be a difficult time too, because you start having these revelations about things and they start consuming thoughts and cause all sorts of emotions.

The deal though is that, although we can't always control how we feel at a given time, we can control the way in which we respond to the feeling. We can make an effort not to hurt ourself, or to do anything we don't want to do.

You're quite the strong willed person. It's evident from your posts, so put that will to use constructively, and don't respond to these emotions in a negative way. You can acknowledge them, and even embrace them as a part of what you are experiencing in your recovery, BUT you don't have to act on them - there is a choice involved. And I just know that you can do it.

Thanks, Chelle, for such a typically wise and gentle response. We're all looking forward to a long continuing relationship with Clueless, as she gains in clues.

3
Posted by: Magus | 2006/03/30

Nice post Chelle - you are a very wise person.

Reply to Magus
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/03/30

Good - then I know you're not going anywhere you shouldn't be. :o)

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Clueless. | 2006/03/30

Thanks Chelle, I know I can. I know... It's a matter of choice now, I guess. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I won't go without a fight.

Reply to Clueless.