Question
Posted by: sandy | 2004/11/23

Clubs

I've been playing golf for a couple of months and currently at handicap 34. I bought the ladies Spalding set at Game and now wondering if I'm ready change my set of clubs to improve my game - I want to be 30 soon.

I am definately improving w.r.t the quality of my shots but was wonder if a "better" set will make any difference at all. I know that clubs cant make a big difference at my level but will there any at all if I do? The reason I ask is that my driver and 3 & 5 woods are shaped differently to the more expensive brands.

Last week I also tee-ed off with a more expensive driver and the ball went 200m compared to my usual 150m. If I can change sets which ladies brands would you recommend?

My question doesnt mean to compromise you into judging labels, however I do need you assistance. Thanx.

Expert ImageArchive

I would say that better clubs do definately "help" you to become more consistent.

You do not however need to go and spend R15000. You can spend about R3500 and get a set of clubs that will last you for a while.

You find most of the time that the clubs from Game/Makro etc are alloy and they are only intended to get you started.

Regarding the woods - your woods are probably stainless steel and the woods you tried are Titanium (lighter and stronger) - this is why you would hit them further

My advice would therefore be - if you are serious about the game and you are prepared to spend a little bit, this will help you to enjoy the game more and get better slightly quicker

Feel free to contact me on info@golfauction.co.za , www.golfauction.co.za or 084-981-4995 if you have any other questions