Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/26

clot or fibroid in pelvic area

Hi, i was involved in a car accident recently &  when i went for xrays the doc picked up i had something in the pelvic area that wasnt meant to be there. unfortunately the radiologist left before writing a report. I got a second opinion from another radiologist and she said its probably a clot or fibroid. This was about 3 days after my period stopped. Do i have anything to worry about, is a fibroid cancerous? what am i suppose to do? Can you recommend a good gynea in the sunninghill/sandton area please. thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Fibroids are not cancerous. I wold suggest that you have an assessment by a gynaecologist. Unfortunately I cannot make recommendations on this site.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.