Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2003/01/23

clostrodium bacteria

we sent a message in nov 2002.
Mandy has a skin irritation...that is so severe that sleep is not possible
we have been to a doctor as you suggested and the clostrodium was positive. Could that be related to the skin irritation?(it is not visible...no rash...no sores)
She has had 3 subscribed different anibiotic courses and 2 peniciline.
No improvement at all.
Would you know who to go to?...an expert in bacteria?...a skin specialist?...and name...place.
We are getting desperate....she is getting weaker and weaker.
Problem is...when you talk about itch...even the doctors dont take it serious.

Mandy, the first thing to do is to make sure that the stools are clean now. If there is still a positive culture from the stool sample, she will have to take more antibiotics. If it is clean you will have to start looking for a different cause. The person to see about this would be a specialist physician. I don’t know where you live, so I can’t really refer you to someone. Good luck.