Question

Clomide and Clomihexal

Ive heard that one can get this from the pharmacy and apparently it helps aid in falling pregnant. I just want to know what is in it and does it really work? Thanks

Dear Anon

These are prescription drugs, used to stimulate the ovaries and induce ovulation and should NOT be available over the counter. You need to discuss this with your prescribing doctor.

2
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2007/06/06

I was on Clomid to fall prgenant with my first child. It has to be prescribed by a doctor. He did not want me to use the generic Clomihexal as I suffer with cycsts and this could aggrivate the condition. I fell pregnant after the first cycle using clomid. I agree, go and see a doctor before you do anything.

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: Anon2 | 2007/06/05

Hi Anon,

Clomihexal is the generic version of Clomid - so they are basically the same. It is used to treat ovulation problems. You can't get it from a pharmacy, it has to be prescribed by your gynea, who will then have to closely monitor you to avoid multiple pregnancies, cysts etc. My best advise to you is to make an appointment with a professional. Good luck!

Reply to Anon2