Question
Posted by: Mommy | 2004/12/14

Clomid/cycle of a woman

I need to take clomid in the 4th day of my cycle to get pregnant.
I’m not very clued up with this whole cycle of woman hood.
And am I to shy to ask anyone else.
When will I know when my cycle starts?
Is it when you start menstruation?
At this sta

I hope that Intheknow has helped.

6
Posted by: FH | 2004/12/15

The only drawback of the urine ovulation testers is that they are quite costly. Another option is to try the Fertile Focus ovulation microscope. A lot of ladies on this site have recommended it.

you can get it at most pharmacies, we got ours from Dis Chem, at around R280 - R320, can't remember the exact amount. The best thing about this is that it is infinitely re-usable, whereas the urine testers are single use only.

The fertile focus is about the size of a tube of litstick (looks pretty much the same as well) and works by placing a drop of saliva first thing in the morning (before even brushing your teeth) onto a lens and then letting it dry for about 5 minutes. You then replace the lens back into the unit and press the light and check through the viewer. If you see a ferning pattern, it means that you are ovulating.

Good Luck and happy holidays.

Reply to FH
Posted by: mommy | 2004/12/14

Thanks I was not aware of this product.

Reply to mommy
Posted by: i know what you are going through | 2004/12/14

To have a better chance to fall pregnant you can also buy CLEAR PLAN it is an ovulation kit that you urinate on and can tell you if you are ovulating or not

Reply to i know what you are going through
Posted by: Momy | 2004/12/14

Thanks you helped me allot.

Yes, I’m not ovulating and do not have regular menstruation.
Some times I will menstruate for 8 to 10 days or more. It is never in a cycle. I’m taking now for 4 months Utrogestan to help me get pregnant, but it is not helping.
Hopefully the clomids will work.

Reply to Momy
Posted by: FH | 2004/12/14

Interesting thing I learnt doing a google search about Clomid and Pergonal yesterday was the way that Clomid works.

It doesn't actually do anything to your ovaries directly to cause ovulation, but dulls the 'sensors' that detect the amount of LH and FSH in your body, so your body thinks that it needs to produce more of the hormones thereby (in some cases) causing ovulation.

Good luck with your attempts.

Reply to FH
Posted by: intheknow | 2004/12/14

Hope I can help answer some of your questions. I went the Clomid route so I think I can help.
Day One of your cycle will be the first day your period starts. All women are different and a cycle can vary from woman to woman, some on a 25 day cycle, others on a 45 day cycle. Usually a woman has a fairly regular cycle- like 30 days every cycle no matter what.
Since you're on Clomid, you are obviously not ovulating (releasing an egg to get fertilised). I had regular periods and a regular cycle even though I wasn't ovulating either. You may not be menstruating and having regular cycles, the Clomid will help regulate this.
Basically the clomid matures the eggs, so you end up releasing one or more each cycle. If you're taking it on day 4 then you'll probably have a scan at your gynaes' round about day 13 or 14 when he will check if the eggs are maturing (if they're not the dose will have to be increased next cycle).
Depending on the length of your cycle, yoú'll probably ovulate some time between day 13 and day 17 (your gynae will tell you when he does the scan). This is the time to get some swimmers in there to fertilise that egg!

Reply to intheknow