Question
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/27

Clomid. What is it???

I have read today most of the msg here, and alot of the women are talking about CLOMID. What is it? and how does it help you to fall preggies.

Some advice please, how does one forget about falling pregnant, how does one relax, when you pray every night and hope that this month it will be your month, and true as bob, its not again!!!

I am a stress ball at the moment, I feel like a failure to my husband.

Looking forward to some replies.

Have a great evening
Nix

Clomid is used to stimulate ovulation if you are not ovulating.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/27

Hi other Nix,

Would you mind changing your nickname. I've been coming to this forum for nearly two years and use the nickname Nix. Just so people don't confuse us.

Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Jordon | 2004/10/27

Hi there,

Clomid is an ovulary stimulant. It is used by people who are not ovulating (therefore not able to fall peggies). It is 5 tablets to be used during your period and this 'stimulates ovulation'.

Speaking under correction, it does not make you more fertile than other women, simply as fertile. If you click on the ovulation link you will find quite a bit on clomid. Hope this helps.

I know exactly how you feel. My hubby and I have been trying for +- 2 years and we are still waiting. Prayer has carried me through the tears this far...

Have you been to your gynae yet? If not, that should be your first step. Go on from there....you never know...

Reply to Jordon
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/10/27

Clomid is a drug that let's you ovulate, doctors only give it to you once they've done a series of blood tests and are confident that you are not ovulating, it let's more than one/just one folical to develop to muture age (ovulation)

HOpe it helps, have you guys have any tests done yet?

Reply to Jessica