Question
Posted by: Jay | 2004/02/27

Clomid Question

I have just finished my 2nd round of Clomid. What I would like to know is, does Clomid increase your chances of falling pregnant. I know it stimulates ovulation, but does it increase your chances of falling pregnant quicker or are your chances the same as a normal person who does ovulate. This of course being the case if the Clomid is making you ovulate ( hope that makes sense). My doctor said we will have to investigate further should I not fall pregnant on my 2nd round and I am just a little concerned.

Your chances are the same as a normal person who ovulates. If you have been struggling to fall pregnant because you are not ovulating, then Clomid will obviously improve this situation.

3
Posted by: Jay | 2004/02/27

Hi Ks and Melissa

Thank you both for your responses. I feel abit better about this now. My gynae wants to check my husband out if I'm not preg this month!. He told me the exact day on which I will ovulate as well - so its been pretty well timed and I've been timing it every 2/3 days to ensure good swimmers!! Anyway I will just hope and pray that it works and if not this month then I'm sure in the next few.
KS let me know how the fertility specialist goes and what he has to say. Good luck for next week. Thanks for the inspiration Melissa!

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Melissa | 2004/02/27

Dont stress too much. I was on Clomid for four months when my miracle was made... My gynae said that it will take 2 to 3 months to work in your system and that if nothing happen after 6 months then he'll do a small op.

Do every the doc says and ask for a few pointers. Time of day, what he should wear, which days - mine said on day 10, 14 and 18... How often, mine said not to often cos they loose sperm count etc...

Anyways, good luck!

Reply to Melissa
Posted by: KS | 2004/02/27

Hi Jay

I hope things go well for you this time.

I have tried clomid twice and will be seeing a fertility dr next week. I dont want to keep taking clomid anymore without first knowing that everything else is fine. So it seems that your gynae's approach is the right one.

you raise a valid question- it will be interesting to know an answer to this one.

Reply to KS