Question
Posted by: Spider | 2005/12/07

Clomid (PCOS) and 10 day scan

Hello

My Gynae can only do an internal scan on day 10 this month (on my second round of Clomid x2 a day). Last month with my 1st round he did the scan on day 12 and told me I didn't ovulate. My question is, will he be able to tell the difference between a cyst and a follical on day 10?
If this round of Clomid doesn't work he said he will try something els than Clomid. What would be the next step? Shouldn't he try 1st to see if x3 clomids a day don't work?
I need treatment to fall pregnant since I can't get my period on my own and I don't ovulate. I don't have an insulen problem, only no period.

Thank you for your time.

Dear Spider

The day 10 scan is highly recommended as this is usually the point where we would start ultra sound monitoring to establish follicular response. It may at times be difficult to establish the difference between a follicle and a cyst on day 10, however it is the follow up scans which are extremley important.
Several options other than the use of clomid,which your gynaecologoist may be considering could possibly stimulation of follicles and induction of ovulation by using hormonal injection. However, some of these options may require intense monitoring and this may require close monitoring by a fertility specialist or fertility centre.