Question
Posted by: Megan | 2007/03/05

Clomid & Ovulation

I have PCOS and irregular periods, i can only fall pregnant using Clomid or other treatments and only really have a period on my own 2's a year. i had to have Provera to bring on periods and then i was put on clomid. i have been on 4 cycles of clomid and the 2 cycles in the beginning i did not ovulate at all but they increased my dos (started 1 tab for 5 days then 2 tabs for 5 days) anyway the 3rd time on clomid (3 tabs for 5 days) i ovulated but we missed it due to my hubby having to go out of town on business (very disapointing) anyway started a natural period that lasted 4 days (not very long but was very heavy) i started the next course of clomid (3 a day for 5 days) and i am on day 20 of my cycle and it doesnt look like i am going to ovulate again :-( is it possible for a person to ovulate on 3 tabs and then the next cycle not ovulate at all?
Your advise would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Dear Megan

It is certainly possibile that ovulation cannot occur the second time on the same dosage. of clomid. owever I would advise against using more than 150 mg of clomid per DAY ie more than 2 tablets, since it has been shown that although ovulation may occur, the chance of implantation is significantly reduced. Also the chances of the possibilty of miscarriages is increased on very high doses of clomid. However, I would also recommend that you combine clomid with injectables for ovulation induction with careful monitoring as this would give you the highest possibility of pregnancy.