Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/05/08

Clomid - month 3

I've been on Clomid for the past 3 months as we've been trying for our second child for almost 9 months now. My next period is due in a week, so now it's just that long wait. My husband and I had sex on day 14, 15 and 16 of my cycle and my cycle is about 30 days. My gynea put me on clomid as that was the only way we concieved with our first child. My dosage has been 100mg every time but no luck. However last month there was 5 follicles bigger then 16mm but only one bigger then 21mm. I wanted to get a shot of profasi again - like I did with my first pregnancy but my doctor said my ovaries can explode. So what I'm asking is, what do you think my chances are to get good news this month. And if not will i be able to carry on with the fertility treatment without any major risks? As some of my friends say that you should'nt take clomid for more then 3 months.

If you ovulated and there are no other problems, your chances would be about 20% per cycle. If nothing happens after 3 months of Clomid, there is probably not much point in carrying on. You should rather see a fertility expert.