Question
Posted by: K | 2007/07/20

clomid & IU

i started my course of clomid today to prepare for IU, should i stress because now its like i having flu, like from last night already, please doctor, i am really looking forward to this cycle but now the bug has got me doctor will do IU next weekend, will flu stop the clomid from working?

Dear K

The flu virus should not interfere with the clomid itself. However, if at the time of insemination you still have significant symptoms including fever then it is a possibility that conception will fail as a result of the sensitivity of fertilisation and implantation to such infective changes.