Question
Posted by: 4 years after marriage and worried | 2005/12/07

Clomid Cycle

I am PCOS with regular periods (in a gap of 22-25 days every month). Am trying to conceive for past 2 years without medicine and i took my first cycle of Clomid (Siphene) last month. Was doing follicular scanning and found that i ovulated on 15th day. But i failed to conceive as i got my periods on 28th day.

Now Doc advised me to start 2nd cycle of Siphene. What are my chances this time as i ovulated last time but could not conceive. Do i have to do any other test like Progestorone during this cycle. Also do i have to take metformin also along with Siphene?

Waiting for your advise Doctor please.

The fact that you ovulated on Clomid is a good sign. the chnace of pregnancy is only 20% per cycle, so I would suggest that you persist. The progesterone test is just a confirmation that you ovulated. Metformin helps if you have insulin resistance.

1
Posted by: Puppy | 2005/12/07

I am 33 weeks pregnant and owe my success, partially to Clomid. I too have PCOS and was on metformin 850mg twice a day, was cleared of any cysts for years.
Round 1 of clomid - 50mg failed, just over 1.0 progesterone levels
Round 2 of CLomid - 100mg failed close to 2.0 progesterone levels
Round 3 of Clomid - 150mg worked, the catch is that the progesterone levels still showed NO ovulation (8.0). I was meant to start injectables, but we decided to take a break from TTC, the last few months were stressful and we needed our life back.
It was amazing deciding to stop, because the Dr would have started injectables when I was already pregnant.
Getting back to the partial success of clomid, I strongly believe that the following points assisted us :
1. A nice break away with hubby, were the decision was made to take time out and let things be, it will happen when it is meant to happen.....
2. Regular reflexology sessions, especially during the ovulation period (ensure that the reflexologist is trained and has experience with fertility issues)
3. Stamingogrow, multivitamins, slowed down on the Alcohol.
4. Soul searching, needed to find faith and believe in my higher power
5. Stopped trying to make a baby and started making love to my husband!!

Good luck, best advise to you is relax and take the pressure off yourself.....

Reply to Puppy