Question
Posted by: Bubu | 2012/02/17

Clomid

Hi Doc,

Does clomid cause delays in the menstrual cycle? im 3 days late and hv no signs that my period is coming anytime soon, i.e no tender breast. i dont want to do a HPT and be dissaponted. When is the rite time to do the test?

Thank you,
Bubu

Dear Bubu

Indeed Clomid may delay the onset of menses particularly in cases were multiple ovulation has occurred and there may be persistent corpus luteal cysts. However it is advisable to do a home pregnancy test as soon as you missed your cycle since early pregnancy needs to be confirmed and supported if need be. Should the home pregnancy test be negative I would continue waiting for at least 3-4 days and repeat the test and if after 7 days you still have not received your menses and the test remains negative I would then schedule a visit with the gynecologist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Casssim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/02/28

Dear Bubu

Answered by: Dr M.I. Casssim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Nini | 2012/02/21

If you''re 3 days late, a test should pick up whether you''re pregnant or not. Good luck!

Reply to Nini