Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2007/11/27

Clomid

I have pcos and did 3 clomid cycles and ovarian drilling about 5 years ago with no success. We then went off our medical age and decided to give it a break. Since then i've lost some weight and started having my period more regularly.

my question is: my friend got a repeat prescription for clomid and has fallen pg on the 1st cycle. Can i take the clomid like i did previously without going to the gynae or would this be irresponsible?

Dear Mandy

Unfortunately the use of clomid has to be used by prescription and under supervision because it would be irresponsible to commence treatment without a Gynaecological assessment. It is important to bear in mind that clomid is associated in some cases with the formation of large ovarian cyst which can undergo torsion or hemmorhage and which may require urgent hospital admission. In addition, there are complications of hyperstimulation syndrome which can occur and is life threatening.

2
Posted by: test | 2007/12/07

Hi Mandy
I recommend you see a gynae first as chlomid can cause cysts with pcos. It is so important they monitor your follicle growth.

Reply to test
Posted by: mpho | 2007/12/07

i do not know Mandy but i took Clomid the first cycle and i concieved twins, they are now two year, i never thought that people can strugle that much with Clomid coz it worked for me, i wish you all the best.

Reply to mpho