Question
Posted by: help! | 2007/08/22

clomid

Hi doc about 3 years ago I was using clomid but at very low doses i.e. 25 mg, it worked as i would produce at least two good sized follicles, and i did not experience any thinning of the lining .Now my current doc has prescribed 100 mg of clomid per day? Is this a safe dosage considereing i havent used clomid in 15 months, and previously required a very low dosage?This is also used with menepur?

Dear Help

In general I agree that lower doses of clomid are far more effective in producing a successful pregnancy and not just ovulation. I would have certainly prescribed a similar dose i.e. 25mg or at most 50mg initially and should this not have yielded successful ovulation or follicle growth then it may have been necessary to increase to a 100mg.