Question
Posted by: Anisha | 2007/05/15

clomid

Hi i am married for 8 yrs without any luck conceiving. my progesterone in the luteal phase is apparently low and i don't ovulate. i have a 32 day cycle and i am on my first month of clomid 100mg. is it possible to ovulate and not have any cervical mucus? i should be ovulating around now so i plan to do an ovulation test but i don't see any clear "egg like " disharge that i was told to look out for. can bladder infection(UTI) effect the appearance of cervical mucus?

Dear Anisha

It is important to note that the egg white mucous is not a constant phenomenon especially in patients using clomid. Ovulation monitoring should be undertaken either by ultrasound scanning or by the use of urinary LH testing kits (clearplan etc).

5
Posted by: Miss L | 2007/05/28

Hi Anisha

Thanks i followed your steps and hopefully i will get an answer.

Miss L

Reply to Miss L
Posted by: Anisha | 2007/05/24

HI MISS L
THE REASON YOU ARE NOT GETTING A RESPONSE FROM THE FERTILITY EXPERT IS BECAUSE INSTEAD OF YOU SUBMITTING YOUR OWN QUESTION YOU HAVE ACTUALLY POSTED A REPLY OR COMMENT TO MY QUERY. TO POST YOUR OWN QUESTION SCROLL UP TO THE TOP OF THIS PAGE. WHERE YOU SEE THE WORDS "FERTILITY EXPERT" WITH THE PHOTO OF THE EXPERT, CLICK ON IT. WHEN YOU CLICK ON THIS YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE "LATEST 30 QUESTIONS". SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE WHERE IT SAYS "ASK A QUESTION" READ THE INFORMATION THERE AND PUT YOUR QUESTION IN THAT BOX AND THEN CLICK ON "SUBMIT MY QUESTION". YOU WILL THEN SEE YOUR OWN QUERY LISTED ON THE HOME PAGE OF THE LATEST QUESTIONS. IF YOU OPEN ANOTHER PERSONS QUERY AND THEN FILL IN STUFF IN THE BOX THERE THEN YOU ARE SUBMITTING A REPLY TO THAT PERSON CONCERNED. YOU OPENED MY QUERY TO READ MY QUESTION ON CLOMID AND THEN YOU REPLIED TO ME INSTEAD OF CLOSING MY PAGE AND GETTING TO THE BOX WHERE YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR OWN QUESTION. I HOPE THIS HELPS. GOODLUCK

Reply to Anisha
Posted by: miss L | 2007/05/22

Can the fertility expert please advise me, i have posted my question on topic clomid.
Miss L

Reply to miss L
Posted by: Anisha | 2007/05/16

HI Miss L
I don't know anything about provera. My cycle is always regular even if he dates are a bit off sometimes.i did at one stage have very irregular and absent periods. my GP put me on the contraceptive pill Triphasal for three months which regulated my cycle. I was on triphasal for three months in 2004 and my cycle has been regular since then. my problem is i don't ovulate altough i get my periods and the clomid was given to me to get that started. i hope the clomid does not affect my cycle. I did an ovulation test yesterday and i am still not ovulating. This is very confusing.

Reply to Anisha
Posted by: Miss L | 2007/05/15

Hi i suffer from PCO,went to see a gynae. He put me on provera because i didn't have a period for about three months. Ive been on clomid since January,then in March I was exactly one week late with my period. Did a test, was negative,had no period for the month of April,still no period at this stage. I phoned my gynae,he said i have to start with the Provera,when i get my period i must contact him.Please advise me what my gynae's next step would be so that i can prepare myself.I feel emtremely upset & frustated.

Reply to Miss L