Question
Posted by: Jaz | 2005/11/24

Clomid

Hi Doc,

I am on my third round of Clomid this month. The two previous months I did ovulate. Should I even bother taking the third round of Clomid, as ovulation is maybe not the problem then?

Dear Jaz

I agree with your suggestion that you should avoid a third round of clomid. Please note that the taking of clomid in consecutive cycles may predispose you to the development of ovarian cysts which could become problematic. I would recommend that you have your cause of infertility investigated before embarking further in this direction.