Question
Posted by: Nick | 2005/07/06

Clomid

Good day all ladies...

I went to Gynae and he said I've got PCOS. SO he said I must start taking Clomid from day 5 to 9 and he said I must only go back on day 14th of my cycle.

Now my questions are:

What if I ovoluate on day before day 12 or 13th and have sex on the day and maybe become pregant before going back to the Gynae on the 14th day. I'm asking this cause there might be more that 1 egg and that means if I have sex before going back to the Gynae I might fertilize all these eggs.
Can I maybe wait until the appointment with the Gynae on the 14th day?

My other question is: How much is clomid and where can I get it.

I'll really appreciate your help 'cause I've been trying for 2 yrs now.

There is always a risk of multiple preganncy if you use Clomid. Often more than one follicle grows. If you are going to use Clomid you can't really avoid sex if you have multiple follicles because this will decrease your chances of pregnancy. Your doctor should have prescribed the dose of Clomid and you can get it from a pharmacy.

4
Posted by: Babie | 2005/07/07

I used Chlomid on two successive months but with no help. You can only obtain it through prescription and the pharmacist will give you some guidelines on how to use it. Good luck...

Reply to Babie
Posted by: D | 2005/07/06

You can only get clomid on prescription. I used it for 2 months and no results. The gynae will check that you are ovulating around day 14 so that you can fall pregnant. Mine didn't do that so perhaps it's a good thing to go. Good luck and hope it works. Keep us posted

Reply to D
Posted by: natasha | 2005/07/06

Search in the archives for other posts on clomid to get all the info you need.

If you have two unsuccessful months on clomid, I suggest you see a fertility clinic rather than havnig your gynae dabble with this and that.

GOD LUCK!!

Reply to natasha
Posted by: Dupy | 2005/07/06

Girl, I'm not sure how Clomid works, but anyway good luck and hope you get this right.

Reply to Dupy