Question
Posted by: Carin Y | 2005/05/29

Clomid

Hello

Does the medical aid pay for the use of Clomid?

Most medical aids do not pay for fertility treatment.

7
Posted by: L | 2005/05/30

My medical aid paid for it, although it came out of my day to day care benefit. You need to ask. I'm with Oxygen, they also paid for 2 scan's and 3 specialist doctor visits (this does not come out of my pregnancy benefit but out of my chronic benefit)

Reply to L
Posted by: Sue Anne | 2005/05/30

Unfortunately medical adig dont pay for Clomid i also had to buy it cash it costed me about R96.00. for 100mg be carefukl about generics as well. cause i was asked by the pharmacist if i wanted the generic one or the normal one.

Reply to Sue Anne
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/05/30

Mine did not pay either - I am with medcheme. Depending on the prescribtion and the strenght you need to take, the cost will vary...

Mine was between 100 and 200 rand, and i was on 100mg for 5 days. (2x 50mg tablets per day) = 10 TABLETS.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Jean | 2005/05/30

No, mine also didn't pay, and it's not cheap.

Sorry.

Reply to Jean
Posted by: Jordon | 2005/05/30

Most medical aids do not pay for any medication realting to infertility.

My m/aid did not pay for my clomid either

Reply to Jordon
Posted by: karin | 2005/05/30

ph and check, but my friend was not covered, as it falls under infertility, very unfair i think.

Reply to karin
Posted by: Carine | 2005/05/30

No - it did'nt pay for mine. I'm with Discovery.

Reply to Carine