Question
Posted by: mahlodi | 2004/11/08

clomid

I have beentrying to conceive for two years but nothing is happening is only now that my gyen found out that i had a hormanal imbalance. My male hormone was little bit higher than the female on how ever the doc prescribed a dianne contraceptive pill for me in April this year. Ihave done quiet a number of blood tests and it showed that i am now fine. I started taking a 100mg clomid in August but till to date nothing happened. From the 12th day of the cycle i will have the ovulation pains and make love but still nothing happens. What suprisses me is that after day 21 of the cycle i will start having a very burning urine which causes me an abdorminal pain. That will continue until i get my periods. The other thing is in stead of getting my period after the 28th day of my cycle i will get it 5 days after the 28th day. Please help me this is franstrating me and i feel like it means i won't have a baby.

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to monitor your cycle to see whether the Clomid is helping to make you ovulate. I presume that you have had your tubes checked as well as your partner's sperm count.

1
Posted by: PN | 2004/11/09

Hi there,

I was on Clomid for 6months and was still unable to fall pregnant. I suggest you inform your doctor of all your symptoms - perhaps more tests need to be done.

I too have a hormonal imbalance which was picked up by a homeopath and is being treated accordingly.

Clomid and other similar meds only treat the symptoms and not the actual problem - so once you get off them - you are in square one again.

My suggestion is to perhaps try and find a reputable doctor.

Reply to PN