Question
Posted by: Mel | 2004/10/13

Clomid

Can anyone please tell me what clomid is and where can I get it, and does it really help you to faal pregnant

Thank You

Clomid is used to induce ovulation. you need to be investigated first and have a doctor prescribe it for you.

2
Posted by: Jane1 | 2004/10/13

Hello Mel,
Clomid is usually prescribed to women who are not ovulating (i.e. releasing eggs). The Clomid matures the egg, so you can release it and then get it fertilised!
It does not make you more fertile than women who ovulate naturally- your chances will be the same.
It has worked for a lot of women who visit this site (me included).
You'd need to check if you're ovulating naturally nor not (you can buy ovulator predictor kits- may I suggest you get the Fertile Focus microscope as it works out far cheaper in the long run, compared to the urine testers). If you are not ovulating, you can go to your gynae who will probably do a day 21 blood test (also tests if you ovulated or not), and take it from there.
Good luck to you!
Jane

Reply to Jane1
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/13

Clomid is an ovulation stimulator and it has to be prescribed by your Gynae. If you are not ovulating and Clomid is prescribed then yes, it can assist you in falling pregnant as you aught to ovulate after a course of Clomid.

Contact your Gynae if you are battling to conceive.

Reply to Shmegal