Question
Posted by: Light | 2003/12/09

Cloid Question again

I will be taking clomid for the second time. Last month I took it but didn't ovulate. My worry is I had my period on Saturday and it lasted for that day with a little spotting on Sunday. The same thing happened last month and I didn't ovulate according to the results of my progesterone levels on the blood tests.

My worry is, my gynae insists that I take the clomid and not look at other alternative reasons for the lack of period (I have been given primolut-N to bring on my period) She mentioned that if I am not pregnant by February then I should go for a Laprascopy. I want to know also why must I wait till Feb? Since I have always had irregular periods and now that I know I don't ovulate when I should, would the laprascopy not reveal the cause for this problem and then we can concentrate on solving the problem?

The lack of ovulation is one problem. This has been proven with the blood tests and the laparoscopy will not contribute any more to this diagnosis. The purpose of the laparoscopy is to look for other reasons for your not conceiving, such as blocked tubes or endometriosis. Up to 40% of couple have more than one reason for not conceiving.