Question
Posted by: Just Checking | 2019/05/22

clitoris touch

I was at a new gynae for my standard check up, and he was very nice and friendly and chatted all the way through the exam, making me feel really comfortable, but while he was doing the bi manual exam his thumb was rubbing up against my clitoris, I don't think intentionally, but he carries on chatting and was very casual, I just found it strange, as my previous gynae never touched my clitoris. Before that he also had a look at my clitoris, he explained that he was retracting the hood to look, I also never had this done before. I really liked him, and was actually comfortable during the whole exam, but need to know if it was an inappropriate exam any way and if I should find another doctor.

- 2019/05/27

The clitoris is very close to the vagina so it is not unusual that there can be contact with the clitoris during a vaginal examination. It is also not unusual to inspect the whole area. people will differ in how thorough they are with this. In the end it depends on whether you felt that the behaviour was inappropriate and made you uncomfortable.