Question
Posted by: childhelp | 2007/02/26

Clingy children

I am a full time mother of 2 year old twins, they are extremely clingy, they cry all the time, they can never play on there own for more 2 minutes, they have been like this since they were born, my husband is very helpful and plays with them when he is at home but they ares till very clingy, do you think it will help if I put them in a play school for 2-3 hours everyday?

Excellent responses from Nicks, RMC !

2
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/26

It will be great and then you will be able to play with them and be more relaxed. Rather spend 1 hour a day playing with them being relaxed than 6 hours and have your last nerve frazzled. Plus they will learn to interact with kids other than each other, you will be able to do those shopping trips in peace, perhaps catch a massage when they first start to recharge your batteries.

You don't need to feel guilty. Millions of moms do it all over the world and their kids turn out fine.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Nicks | 2007/02/26

I think that's a very good idea. It will not only be good for them, but for you too. Every mom needs a "time-out" occasionally. The need you rested to help them become a tad more independant...as in play on their own for a while (with you keeping an eye out). I have 2 girls 1 of which is clingy (6 yr old). It could become an issue when you have an adult dinner party (movies for the kids)...? Try not to feel guilty

Reply to Nicks