Question
Posted by: Ellie | 2007/03/23

Climen & Androcur as treatment for PCOS

After going for a second opinion at a different gynae, this one said I did not have PCOS but only high Testosterone levels (3.1) and placed me on a 6 month treatment of Climen along with Androcur.
I dont know what to believe as the first gynae told me that PCOS causes high testosterone levels - so according to me, this is a case of what is first, the hen or the egg :-)

My questions:
1. Do you agree with the treatment of Climen & Androcur?
2. What should the end result be - what should I expect / what is suppose to happen after the 6 months?
3. Can I fall pregnant on this treatment? And if so how do I know when the best time is to try and conceive?

I have made an appointment with the first gynae for end April, I have to see him as he is in town (2nd gynae is 1500km away). But I am too curious to wait until I see him.
Oh I am now on the 3rd month of the treatment. I am 28 years old, and I am trying to conceive obviously. I have been diagnosed with PCOS almost 2 years ago, and after 3 months of unsuccesfull Clomid treatment (last dosage - 200mg) I decided to leave it untreated for a while. But my skin became very bad, a lot of unsightly cists growing under my skin - I was very depressed and then decided to go see the second gynae. Also I was very patient about falling pregnant, but am now growing more and more impatient.

Elle

Dear Ellie

The use of Climen and Androcur will help regulate your periods and help with your skin, but has no effect in increasing your chances of falling pregnant. If you have not ovulated on 200mg of clomid, then I suggest you see a fertility specialist as you may require injections and follicular monitoring to allow for follicular growth. But ensure also no other causes for infertility are present.