Question
Posted by: M | 2004/09/20

Clicking fingers and back

Hi, I have a bad habit of clicking my fingers and my spine.

I have tried to stop but my fingers get so sore and when I click them then they feel better.
Is it very bad to do this and if I need to stop how can I prevent my hands from getting so sore?
Thanks Doc!!

M, you can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Brexecam®, Celebrex® or Vioxx® (one a day for a month) and to stop clicking your fingers after having taken it for about 3-5 days. If they become painful, soak them in warm water and use something like Voltaren® gel like a hand cream afterwards. If that doesn’t do the trick the best would be to see a rheumatologist. Good luck.