Question
Posted by: Monzon | 2007/03/28

Click

Hi there!
When i'm walking or making any movement, there is a clicking sound on my joints. It's not sore but disturbing sometimes.It's ALL in my legs, i.e ankles, knees, and feet.
I appreciate your help

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Monzon
Clicking joints are often a source of unnecessary worry to patients. Joints click when slight irregularities on the surface of the bone, or more commonly the surrounding soft tissue (such as associated muscles or tendons), move over each other. The problem is more common among young people and is to do with the suppleness or laxity of joints. Specific exercises to strengthen the muscles around a clicking joint may help to reduce the condition. Try to get to a Pilates class- these exercises are excellent in the prevention of arthritis (wear and tear changes in the joints as we age) and also in the strengthening of surrounding muscles.
Most importantly- it is not anything serious to worry about.
If it does become painful you should have it checked out by your doctor.