Question
Posted by: Bubbles | 2005/01/07

Clear Plan

I have a 24 day cycle. Did a test day 7(yesterday), negative, did anotherone this morning (day 8) negative again. Does this mean that I will not ovulate this month as I am supposed to do so on day 10 ?

Try testing again later. The idea with the ovulation kit is to see when you ovulate, partciularly if it is not at the expected time.

5
Posted by: Nix | 2005/01/07

just keep testing till you get the two dark lines. It may be later than usual this month.

Good Luck!

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/01/07

FH & Sparks

Just be sure that the siliva dries properly (I leave it for +- an hour) with lots of siliva also use first thing in the morning siliva (without drinking eating before) I have noticed if i do it 2-3 hours after I've had something it isn't that clear.

Hope it helps

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: FH | 2005/01/07

We also have a Fertilie Focus test and have not seen a positive result yet, even though my wife was taking Pergonal injections, and has had the profasi trigger injection as well.

As far as I know it can't be faulty, because there isn't much to the tester. It's just basically a lens (with no reactants or chemicals on it) and a little led light at the bottom of it, and a viewing lens. Pretty straightforward.

I do however know of friends that have used it successfully with no problems whatsoever. I know that you have to use the test first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth or even having a drink of water as this affects the levels of hormone in your saliva by diluting them so they don't show up as easily on the test.

Reply to FH
Posted by: Sparks | 2005/01/07

Hi Bubbles and Jessica

I also used the saliva test but but got the exact same result every day of the month. Might have had a faulty one. Luckily though I do get pains when I ovulate so I know when it is happening.

Sparks

Reply to Sparks
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/01/07

Can't help you on that, I have never used a urine ovulation preditor that was positive, I use the fertile focus and it helped me fall pregnant the first time (before my MC) It costs +- R240 but you can use it over and over again, it a little microscope that works with siliva & estrogen levels.

Jessica

Reply to Jessica