Question
Posted by: Reshma | 2003/02/04

CLA

I gym regularly about 3-4 times a week for about 25 minutes. I was adviced that taking CLA will improve toning. Is this a good idea?

I am also wheat and dairy intolerant. Will CLA affect me negatively?

Is it safe to take CLA if you suffer from hypertension?

Will CLA benefit you if you do not exercise regularly?

Dear Reshma
Seeing that CLA is an essential fatty acid, it should not cause problems with your allergies and hypertension. Just make sure that you also get sufficient omega-3 fatty acids by taking Salmon oil capsules to prevent an imbalance in the omega-6 and omega-3. Research has not yet shown uncontroversially that CLA on its own makes you lose weight, but it does seem to help when combined with exercise. More research is required to clarify the role of CLA in slimming.

1
Posted by: Jinx | 2003/02/04

Hi Reshma,
I have been taking CLA for 3 months. In the first month i exercised about 4 times a week (cardio-running) i noticed a difference in muscle tone and continued taking it over the festive season, although my exercise program suffered a bit over this time, the CLA didnt seem as effective as the first month. But now i'm back to normal with the CLA and exercising and i can see the muscle tone comming back again. My bdy fat % has decreased and i feel that CLA is going to positively become more popular due to its reliability and safety as a supplement that our body needs just like any other vital mineral/vitamin. Good luck and i've seen with exercise CLA works brilliantly.

Reply to Jinx