Question
Posted by: Shadow | 2008/01/16

Circut training at home

I am trying to do my own form of circut training at home

I have an orbitrek and I go on for 2 minutes at a high speed, then straight into bicep curls with 5kg weights (12 reps) then straight back on the orbitrek for another 2 mins then straight into tricep extensions, then back to cardio for 2 mins and then do 25 situps then back to cardio for 2 min and do 25 pelvic raises, then back to cardio for 2 mins and then do 25 situps then back to cardio for 2 min and do 25 pelvic raises, then back to the bicep curls, carido and tricep extensions and I carry on until my 20 minutes of cardio is done.

Is this and effective way to lose weight? I do this 5 days per week and I am on weigh less

Please advise if there is anything else I should do

Hi Shadow

It's not bad, but I'm not going to say its effective - that is very difficult to do, if not impossible. I'd say this kind of training, which is probably very difficult and demanding, is a great session a few times a week. I'm not sure I would suggest doing it every time you train though. Perhaps 3 times is plenty, and the other 2, you just do a constant 30 minutes on the orbitrek, where you get some sustained exercise in? I think that the variety this gives, and the fact that you're doing sustained training, will help you get fitter sooner, and if you get fitter, then you will generally lose weight too.

So that's the change I'd make, because at the moement, you're doing a very stop-start kind of training!