Question
Posted by: Ice | 2007/04/12

Circumcision After Care

I am 31 years old and having my circumcision done in a few days time. Please could you advise on how to treat my circumcision. I have heard 2 theories from doctors and both are vastly different and contrary to each other. Any advise would be highly appericiated

Dear Ice,
The management may differ from doctor to doctor, depending on what operating technique they use. I think the most important points are:
Keep it clean, and put a bit of bactroban or vaseline ointment on the cut area to prevent it sticking to the bandage.
They don't usually put in a lot of stitches - only 4 or so - so a little bit of bleeding is "normal"
Try wearing supportive underpants rather than boxers as it may be sore for the first week or so.

I found this article interesting about aftercare : www.circinfo.com/prepandcare/pac.html

1
Posted by: Mario | 2007/04/12

Morning Ice

I am 26 and had my circumcition 6mnths ago. Its not painful at all, a little bit of discomfort for the 1st few days. My urologist told me that i must keep it dry and use betadine. It worked just fine and i was back to normal.

The only slight problem i experienced was when i a woke up with an erection. My doctor gave me zopidem (not sure about the spelling) to drink before bedtime, and that was sorted out.

Good luck and dont worry, its not that bad.

Mario

Reply to Mario