Posted by: Zoo_Boi | 2009/04/29


I know there is a major debate regarding circumcisions. Yesterday, i went to a urologist because of a painful problem i have. I apparantly suffer from Phimosis due to excess foreskin. The doctor said that the only lasting solution he can offer me is cicumcision.

Although i would have prefered to be cicumcised earlier, i am now stressed about it. How would it look ( i do tend to form ugly scars) will all sexual functions be normal afterwards? How long does it take to heal properly that i can safely engage in sexual encounters? Will it change things between me and my boyfriend?

I dont know, i just feel stressed about it because i dont know what to expect.

Any advice will be apreciated

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

circumcisions are not meant to affect sexual function provide you allow it to heal adequately. healing time can vary, sometimes taking up to six weeks. you may engage in intercourse as soon as you feel comfortable to and when you're pain free. studies to date have not shown any relationship between circumcisions and sexual dysfunction.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: NORM | 2009/05/04

If circumcision is the only treatment your doctor can offer you then be wary.
There are many ways to treat your phimosis, of which circumcision is the most radical (and the only option where your Dr can make money).

Go to and and research other treatment options available for your condition as well as the effect that circumcision will have on your sex life.

Reply to NORM
Posted by: WJA | 2009/05/04

You cannot have phimosis just because you have excess foreskin.

You do not neet to be circumcised to treat your phimosis (thightess preventing retractions of the foreskin).

Insist that your doctor perform a Preputioplasty (just Google it) to treat the phimosis. This procedure allows you to keep all of your foreskin and is over 95 percent successful.

DO NOT allow him to remove the long foreskin. Your inner foreskin and frenulum (the bits at the bottom) are VERY sensitive, circumcision will destroy this sensitivity.

The foreskin also prevents the glans from thickening, making it less sensitive.

Reply to WJA
Posted by: Bozo | 2009/04/29

It took me 16 years before I had sex after my Circumcision.

Then again I was circumsized the day I was born.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/29

you gay?

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.