Posted by: Bob | 2004/03/08



I am a 39 yo male who are considering curcumcusion due to medical reasons. Where do they perform small operations like it and what is the cost more or less?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Bob, it can be done in your GP’s surgery for a couple of hundred Rand, but most often it’s done by urologists at the hospital in a theatre. This obviously pushes up the price, but you will have to phone the hospital to find out how much. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Casper | 2004/03/09

Firstly, I would like to the contact details for doctors against circumcision, please. I am right there with you, guys. Bob, think twice, even ten times if you have to. Good luck.

Secondly, I have been cicumcised as a baby. Never had any real problem, but now that I am getting older, it seems to give me some problems. I am now getting pigmentation spots on my glans, which of course looks very bad. Also,( due to the lack of the medical term), on the rim of my glans, there are darker and lighter spots, especially when I sit down for a long time. In 1 particular spot, it turns deep blue, almost like a bloodblister, and right next to it a white spot appears, almost like the blood is all concentrated in this one spot and flowing to the next. When I stand, this doesn't happen, and when this happens, I rub my glans, and it then seems as if the blood starts flowing again, and these 'spots' disappear. I don't have any erection problems and whe I do have an erection, these spots are gone and my glans is red as it should be. I do get some minor pains in the groin area, though. This is concerns me. Lastly, when I have an erection, the glans is all red, but when my penis is flaccid, it seems to be all blotchy, little white & red spots all over. Sometimes it is even quite white, as if there is no blood flow into my penis when flaccid. Please, please help. Bob, think again my friend.

Reply to Casper
Posted by: doctors against cirucmcision | 2004/03/09

Hello Bob a question why after so long your penis now has a socalled medical problem ? Any good urologist will not recommend removing your foreskin. Phimosis or paraphimosis or balanthophisis all can be treated without resorting to cutting away part of your sexual anatomy. Get more than one opinion before you resort to such unwarranted action Bob

Reply to doctors against cirucmcision

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.