Posted by: Pain | 2008/08/03

Circulation problem.

I am suffering from a circulation problem in my legs and feet. I cannot walk any distance without feeling heavy in my legs and pain in my calf muscles. I love walking and want to have some exercise but it doesn' t work. I have just read a book which recommends nitric oxide as a remedy for this condition and would like to know whether it is safe to take in tablet form. The tablets mentioned in the book are called Niteworks. As I am 82 years old and take medical and vitamin pills every day, I am a bit worried about adding this one to my others. I would very much appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

Dear Pain
Often these symptoms are caused by arterial blood flow deficiency to the feet - this is caused by arteries that are narrowed by cholesterol and with age. I don't think nitric oxide will help for this. Rather let your doctor evaluate your arteries with a sonar in both the legs first and consider options depending on the outcome?