Question
Posted by: SC | 2008/05/28

Cipramil - interactions

Hi CS
I just started my Cipramil dosage last night, half a 20 mg for the first four nights and then I must up the dosage to 1 20mg tablet at night.

My question is does Cipramil interact with any other meds such as Sinucon - I have bad sinusitis
Nurofen Period/Cataflam D?

My pyschiatrist and psychologist both told me I should start to fee the effects after about 10 days but is there anything I could do or take in the meantime to help with the depression and negative thought patterns?

Ta

Its hard to memorize all possible interactions, though sinus / congestion / cold remedies can cause some problems --- but if the pharmacist properly did the job he is paid to do, you should have received, in the package, the "Package Insert" which lists all potential side-effects, drug-interactions and precautions. If they didn't do so, call them, ask the question and get an answer, and ask them to deliver a copy of the Package insert they wrongly failed to give you at the time. It can take 10 -14 days to see major benefits, though you're allowed to feel better earlier on. What would help to deal earlier with the negative and depressive habits of thought, would be proper CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) counselling --- which is what your psychologist probably ought to be providing, as few other methods have good evidence of being effective or useful in treating depression