Question
Posted by: Theo | 2005/05/25

Cipramil and Creatine

Ive started strength training for the past 3 months and I feel really good. I want to start using Creating Monohydrate but Im on the anti depressant Cipramil for the past 4 years. The label on the bottle of the creatine warns that the creatine should not be taken with mood altering medications. Why is this?
Any comments

Whenever one is taking an unnatural amount of even a naturally occurring substance ( such as Creatine in the large doses included in the supplements that have not been properly tested or researched, one runs the risk of unpredictable interactions with other substances and with drugs, which are of course tested in normal circumstances, not in people taking various substances ( and the profiteers who produce supplements certainly don't bother to do the needed tests for safety ). I'd be cautious about such a combination, and surely you'd be healthier on the Cipramil and physical training, without supplements ? You could check with your shrink whether you still need to remain on the Cipramil ( some of us do, some of us don't ).