Posted by: MISERABLE | 2008/01/18


I have cin11 and my doctor booked me for a treatment to remove abnormal cells.I dont know what kind of a treatment to be perfomed on me.I am 32yrs, dont have kids and I am ttc.I had two pregnancies before,the first pregnacy I had stillbirth at nine months and the second one the baby's heart stopped beating at 6months and that was 12yrs back.I have ttc for 4yrs with no success then I decided to see the doctor and check what could be a problem then I that's how I found out about my pap smear. Do u think I should wait and do a pap test again after 3 months from now cause I 'm being told that the abnormal cells can be normal again without treatment?Please doc your opinion.

After the treatment will I be able have my own kids and after how many months should I try?
Do you know a doctor who can treat me cause my doctoter is a GP and not a gynae.Can you please give a list of gynae oncologist aroud Joburg or Pretoria?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It would be reasonable to wait 3 months and repeat the pap smear. I would suggest that you have the abnormality treated by a gynaecologist and not a GP. I can't give you a list of oncologists in your area, but your doctor should be able to refer you.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Hi | 2008/01/19

Better see a Gynae and get it done

Reply to Hi

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.