Question
Posted by: Miki | 2008/01/21

Cimetidine & Flaxseed Oil

Hi, my doctor suspects I have the start of a stomach ulcer and has put me on Cimetidine. At the same time a started taking 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil a day to increase my omega's. About a week after taking these things, i developed a very very bad runny tummy, had it bad for 3 days.I stopped the Cimetidine & Flaxseed Oil and about 2 days after stopping my tummy has been improving slowly. Do you if either of these specifically cause runny tummy?

Dear Miki
I suspect that the flaxseed oil is causing the runny tummy. Do an experiment where you continue taking Cimetidine, but cut out the flaxseed oil. When your tummy has settled completely continue taking the Cimetidine and restart the flaxseed oil - if your tummy starts to run again then it is the oil that is causing the problem.