Question
Posted by: T | 2010/04/07

Cilift and pregnancy

I''ve been using the anti-depressant Cilift (20mg) for almost 18 months now. I would like to know wether if would be safe to fall pregnant while on Cilift and also if breastfeeding would be safe for baby? I have a consultation with my GP scheduled for next week to discuss this, but I would really appreciate another professional opinion. Thank you.

The antidepressant whihc has been studied the most in pregnancy is Prozac. Cilift belongs to the same class and is regarded as realtively safe in pregnancy, though possibly best avoided in the last few months.

1