Question
Posted by: Shadow | 2007/06/11

Cilift 20mg

My doctor prescribed me Cilift 20mg for my anxiety and depression. I've had a few of the side effects, but nothing too bad. I haven't really heard of Cilift before, so I'm a bit weary of it. I'd just like to know if it's along the same lines as Prozac or the other antidepressants.

I'm not sure why you should feel "weary" of a medicine prescribed by your doctor, just because you haven't heard of it before ! CIlift is an SSRI antidepressant ( and thus of the same family as Prozac ) , a cheaper but equally effective generic version of Cipramil, and an effective AD. You['re lucky to have a sensible doc

27
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/05

hi guys, im hoping someone can help clear the following, Me and my husband has been trying to conceive since January 2016. BUT . . . my husband has been taking Cilift and adco alzam for 6 months, we seem to think that the cilift is making his sperm count very low ? Could this be possible ? Any one out there that can help answer my question please. IM DESPERATE.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/13

Ive been on cilift for almost 2 weeks now. Side effects Im having are extrene headaches like migraines and at times Im very lethargic. I also feel irritated at times.

Posted by: Mari | 2016/07/09

I am using Cilift for 7 years. It helped a lot to cope with stress and depression. Can it cause weight gain?

Reply to Mari
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/26

My dr prescribed cilift 20mg..it was my first time taking it..took ir around 6am..nd around 11am i was a mess..i wanet to screem.my neck was heavy as well as my lower jawz..i felt like cutting my hair it was irritating. .it was like im psychotic. .i cnt stay in the house cos i would feel like i cnt breathe

Posted by: Puleng | 2016/06/08

My doctor prescribed me cilift 20mg and it is my first week,my side effects are not bad. I can feel my eyesight is affected but can see clearly. I do have a small pain in my head that comes and go. I don't take painkillers. I sometimes feel a pain in my chest.I think and hope the reason is because I drink a lot of water during the day and also an hour before I take a tablet. I have also reduced eating sugary food, coffee and sugar.I also take tablets for iron which were prescribed and supplements for calcmag. I take cilift in the evening, I can study well with concentration. Thanks

Reply to Puleng
Posted by: Puleng | 2016/06/08

Reply to Puleng
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/30

Can you tell me the difference between Cilift 20mg and Wellburten ? Cilift kills your sex drive but I believe Wellburten does not ? Interested to know the difference ? Thank You

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/18

it does decrease your abilitity to climax

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/28

I have been on Cilift for about 12 years now and Im 25 now. Dont really know life without it so im going to leave it. Im just going to take half a pill for a week, then a quarter for another week before stopping it completely. I do suffer a bit from anxiety and panic, but I will change my lifestyle instead of taking medications.

Posted by: Billyjean | 2015/08/29

I was on Cilift it gave me headaches and I put on alot of weight mouth was always dry and I was stilled very stressed and went to another doctor and was given Serdep 100mg for the night and cipralex 20mg for the day and now I do fell better

Reply to Billyjean
Posted by: elsabe | 2015/04/03

Hi, im drinking Valdoxine in the evenings and using urbanol as nessasary. Can I drink Cilift 20mg as well or its that to much?

Reply to elsabe
Posted by: Antonio | 2015/01/29

i have stress over everyday issues, i am only 17 but jeez the stress is getting to me... it does not feel good and at this age... i have been taking the clifit 20mg tablet for a month now and it does not help with ym anxiety and anti-depressant

Reply to Antonio
Posted by: Willie from Limpopo | 2015/01/10

Been on Cilift for the last about 20 years for anxiety - currently 65 years old and been busy the last 5 years getting my own business going. The heavy stress and pressure of being an employee with a world renown mining group is behind me and for the first time in many years I am living myself and experience amazing piece and tranquility - decided to stop using Cilift as the last few years my feet started swelling and found out that it may be side effects from Cilift . ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS - been without it for about a week and no side effects

Reply to Willie from Limpopo
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/12/26

I have been on Cilift for many years and so has my daughter-in-law and we would never stop taking it. I am trying to encourage my other daughter-in-law to see a doctor about taking them. It is such a pleasure to be normal again.

Posted by: Kim | 2014/12/17

I gained 14kgs in 6months. I have been trying to wean but the headaches are a killer. It really does help reduce anxiety though.

Reply to Kim | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Billyjean | 2015/08/29

I was on cilift 20mg the only thing that it made me gain weight and still remained stressed all day My doctor has now put me on serdep 100mg and cipralex 20mg in the morning I really feel like a new person now and only been 4 months

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/23

My doctor prescribed my daughter on Cilift 20mg for anxiety and depression. She took one this morning together with Rittalin LA for concentration. After her tests she said she feels a little jittery (tremble). Is this two pills too strong together?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/22

I have just been prescribed Cilift, for extreme anxiety and such. I started taking half a tablet a day yesterday.... Not sure how you all felt fine for the first two weeks, because I can't think, feel dizzy and nauseous, can't sleep, have a headache, don't know how I feel emotionally, and can't see straight because of dizzyness. But then there is the two week adjustment period, so hopefully I will feel fine soon. My mother takes something similar, not sure what, which she says is extremely helpful, and my roommate was on Cilift for a long time. According to her, it is very effective, doesn't change who you are, just takes the edge off so you can function normally without that high anxiety complicating everything

Reply to Anonymous | 3 comments (hide)
Posted by: Billyjean | 2015/08/29

Just to let you know that cilift did nothing to me as i remained streesed all day and had very bad headaches my doctor has put me on serdep 100mg at night and cipralex 20mg in the morning and I really feel better

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/05

Hi yes I have also taken Cilift for 1 year + it takes about 3months to kick it but when it does it really works ,first few months you feel your going Crazy lol but all good after that,just remember nothing can happen to you

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/05

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/11/26

Dr prescribed cilift 20mg can this put you into a coma

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/08

No, it has side effects but drink lot of water and try to avoid sweet things, caffeine and maybe alcohol (if you do have it) exercise eat healthy

Posted by: annekke | 2013/11/21

I get bad headache every morning, and sweat allot, pick up weight, what can I do?

Reply to annekke | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Billyjean | 2015/08/29

Stop taking them and go and see your doctor

Posted by: angela | 2007/06/11

I am using Cilift and it really works very well for me.
I am now taking half a pill every second day as you shouldn't just suddenly stop taking them.
The only side effect I had was some headaches in the first 2 weeks.
Hope you feeling better!!

Reply to angela

I used to take it but I stopped because I couldn't take the side effects. I had a terrible running tummy. But hey good luck.