Posted by: sarah | 2008/09/08

Dear Doc

Ive been on cilift on and off. Ive just gone back on about a month and a half ago but noticed Ive picked up about 4 kilos.
My eating habits have not changed at all.
Im now feeling depressed about my weight.
Ive always lost a bit of weight when starting cilift so why the weight gain this tine?
If I change brand, will it help?

Please advise.

Most antidepressants CAN cause weight gain in SOME of those who take it. Changing to a different brand of the same drug obviously wouldn't make a differentce, and yes, its possible that on a different antidepressant you might have the same benefiots without this particular side-effect. Discuss this with your prescribing shrink, to consider other options, and diet and exercise still work.

Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/10

Hi Maria

I have spoken to my doc and hes put me onto Loriene.
I just cant deal with the weight gain.
So maybe you should speak to your doc and see what they say.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/08

Hi Sarah
I have gained over 5years 20 kilos and wonder if it could be because of cilift, I am struggling to lose the weight, would like to know if there is something else that would work

Reply to Maria