Question
Posted by: CAS | 2004/11/05

CILIFT

I am taking Cilift for Depression for about two weeks, today I am feeling very down and extremely suicidal. How long will it take for the Cilift to start making me feel better. I think about suicide quite often and it worries me is this normal ? I was taking a generic of Prozac which made me extremely suicidal then I started taking Cilift again. I am very tearful and want to cry all the time. I sometimes don't see the use for living ?

2 to 4 weeks is the usual time it takes for an antidepressant to have most noticeable efects ; one can start feeling better sooner than that ; and progress is a bit bumpy rather than smooth and repid improvement. You will see the value in living, if you give this time and work with your shrink. Counselling is worth adding to the medication, to deal with such issues, too. And let your doc know how you are feeling now.

1
Posted by: tez | 2004/11/05

Are you seeing a therapist as well as being on medication because i also went through depression and i wasn't given anything! but i found talking to my therapist and friends helped and still do help me when i feel suicidal and depressed!
There's many reasons for living, just take a look at the beautiful place we live in and all the amazing people we have in our lives...
talk to someone caring...
Good Luck with everything!

Reply to tez