Question
Posted by: Chez | 2007/08/12

Chubby around Tummy

I am an average weight of 59kg. I have this problem with love handles.i would like to lose a bit more around my thighs to. i thought a protein diet would do the trick, but im afraid of the side effects and not to sure what all to eat that has protein. What do you suggest?

Dear Chez
If you are not overweight then it is best to treat the love handles and thighs by doing targeted exercise. Ask Fitness Doc for a set of home exercises that target the love handles and thighs or join a good gym and ask the instructor to design a programme that works these areas. A High protein diet is not a good idea as it usually results in a high fat intake that is potentially dangerous. If you need to lose a few kg, then rather use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet).