Question
Posted by: G | 2007/03/02

CHRONICALLY dry lips!!!!

Hi Doc,

I am on Roaccutane now for just over a month ... and I can really feel it kicking in now on my lips. They are really really dry - and even a bit red and swollen.

I have been using Labello Med protection constantly as well as Zam-Buk and I use tissue oil at night. Can you suggest anything further? They are killing me and I still have another 3 months to get through! ... I worry about them getting to the stage where they get infected!!

Many Thanks,

Dear G
Use oil based lipbalms with a factor 30 sunscreen if possible - the sun is a factor. If they are red and looks infected - put Bactroban on. Let your dermatologist know.