Question
Posted by: Burning | 2007/03/15

Chronic vaginal thrush

I have chronic thrush. I have been to the to several times, he's tried several different methods to try and get rid of me condition. eg, pills, douches etc. Why doesn't it go away. I have now completely stopped wearing underwear and tight clothing. I have done every possible thing to try and stop this thrush but it just won't stop. I don't have a sexual partner either. Please tell me what I can do to stop this.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Burning
Firstly you must exclude diabetes or medication ( cortisone, hormones ) being the reason. Secondly it may be a good idea to eat an "anti-thrush" diet. To clear an infection, you need to first starve the organism of the foods it thrives on. Candida likes moulds so avoid mushrooms, fermented drinks (including alcohol) and foods that may carry mould. Cut out sugar-rich soft drinks and fruit juices, moderate your intake of tea, coffee and diet drinks and aim for eight glasses of pure water a day to help flush out the bowel.
Anti -Candida Diet - At A Glance Guidelines
Foods to eat: vegetables, nuts, seeds, and oils
Foods to moderate: whole grains, brown rice, oats, and barley
Foods to avoid: sugar, packaged and processed foods, yeast breads and pastries, mushrooms and truffles, most condiments and sauces, fruits for the first three weeks of your candida-elimination diet and re-heated leftovers.

See this comprehensive article: http://www.drlockie.com/disease/thrush.htm