Question
Posted by: the sinus king | 2003/12/09

chronic sinusitus and ice hockey

I have recently stopped playing for my ice hockey team because I have developed chronic sinusitus which has got so bad recently I cant cope with any kind of stress and feel fatigued, mentally weak and depressed most of the time. Not a good combination for a sportsman like myself. My nasal passage is completey blocked on one side and my infection is visable around the eye on the same side. I generally appear unhealthy around the eyes and my nose looks very slim. Do you think I have a chance of making a full recovery and playing the great game once again?

I certainly would like to think that it will be possible for you to continue - sinusitis is not means to be a crippling disease of affliction, but it's not my place to make medical suggestions - sinusitis is something that you can treat with medication, and so I would advise seeing a doctor, who may wish to refer you on to a specialist in the area.

GOod luck