Question
Posted by: mina | 2006/07/20

CHRONIC Q FEVER, ENDOCARDITIS, HEPATITIS

I have been diagnosed with chronic Q-fever, endocarditis and hepatitis. The medication is very toxic, so the hepatitis count is rising every month. According to the literature that I have found I have a 35% chance of surviving this year. My physician is too chicken to be honest with me. Will you be honest and tell me just how sick am I?

Hallo Mina
Never just believe literature - it depends on so much, your current health status, your emotional state, your lifestyle, whether you have heart failure and how bad the liverfunction has deteriorated. I really can't predict without having all the facts. What I would suggest is that you live as IF you have a 35% chance of surviving - Love the people you care about with your whole heart, do the things you always wanted to do while you are able, make things right with the people you are angry with, care for yourself and be kind to yourself, and take one day at a time. I believe that our lives are not in our hands or the doctor's hands but in God's and that you will live until you fulfilled your purpose here on earth. Concentrate on LIVING, not on dying.