Question
Posted by: CapeTownRaver | 2004/02/10

Chronic pain in right-leg

For the past few months (roughly 4 or 5 months) I have been getting this unbearable pain in my right leg. Its hard to explain, but it runs at the back of my leg, from my bum right down to my calve muscles. Its as if this pain is against the bone, in others words deep down.

It usually happens when I sit down alot and escpecially when driving. Could I be pinching a nerve somewhere maybe?

I thought initially its due to weight-loss and not enough exercise (I lost 60kgs last 18 months) so I started gymming 3 weeks ago - no improvement.

What should I do?

CapeTownRaver

Expert ImageArchive

Hi CapeTownRaver

Firstly 60 Kg of weight loss is very impressive, I hope you acknowledge your achievement to yourself.

I believe it will be a little muscle called piriformis involved here. It is not used to being so exposed - especially vulnerable when you are sitting. Ask one of the trainers to show you the right stretch. If this is not effective give me a call and we will see if we can sort you out.

Douglas

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/28

I have constant excruciating pain in my right buttock particularly when walking, Hace had experimental op on hip.negative result.mr scan shows no abnormalities of the spine . anaesthetic in s1 did not help at all.what else can I try.confined to wheelchair because pain so bad