Posted by: max | 2008/01/08

chronic hepatitis b

im 32 male and i have chronic hep b since 1998. My liver function is deteriorating & is painful ,not sure about 3TC as a treatment could you please help me on a treatment. THANK YOU.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Max
they normally treat with 3TC at dosage of 100mg per day or Interferon alpha (very expensive). Other drugs are not available in South Africa. Best would be to see a Hepatologist ( most academic hospitals would have access to one)
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Doug_S | 2008/02/16

Hi Cyberdoc, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B&D with
Chronic Cirrhosis in 1987,hepatitis C showed up in early nineties.

I couldn't participate in Interferon trials here in Australia in
1993 due to Cirrhosis, I met a man that manufactures
Fermented Q10 in Sept. 1998 and 14 months later I was
Hepatitis B&D cleared, Liver normal & only Hepatitis C
I know this sounds complete hogwash, but please allow me to send you some specialist reports, then you can decide for yourself thank you.

Doug Stables

Reply to Doug_S

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.